asked the First Lord of the Admiralty if the date for the coming naval mobilisation and review by His Majesty at Spithead is definitely fixed for 18th July; what is the number and description of each class of vessel which will be assembled there for review; if any provision is contemplated whereby Members of both Houses of Parliament can be present at this review as in former years; if he will place in the Tea Room a chart showing the position of the ships; if he will state if the regulations which yachts, passenger vessels, and other merchant ships will have to obey during the review have yet been issued; and, if not, how soon they will be available?
- 1495 Jan 01 H.M. Naval Base Portsmouth Dry Docks
- 1494 Jan 01 THE LAW OF OLERON - THE JUDGMENTS OF THE SEA first printed in 1494, but the roots of this document are much older Translated from the French by Sir T. Twiss.
- 1494 Jan 01 Black Book of the Admiralty as the "Laws of Oleron"
- 0001 Jan 01 THE STORY OF THE ROYAL NAVY BEFORE THE NORMAN CONQUEST
- 0001 Jan 01 The Birth of British Naval Power - Part One
- 0001 Jan 01 Britain Prepared Pt2 – The Iron Hand of Naval Dominion
- You can help. If you would like to contribute in creating articles and maintaining pages, please contact the webmaster.
- If you would like to adopt a warship or person and help maintain the relevant pages, again, please contact the webmaster.